Author Topic: Betfair Cash Out  (Read 1725 times)

Betfair Cash Out
« on: November 06, 2017, 06:29:22 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm focusing on trading, mostly back to win and trading out in play, a combination of BCOTM and another system.

After making lots of mistakes along the way I have to say I am getting better and much of that is down to Malcolm, thank you.

I am however now experiencing the "Cash Out" option disappearing once the race has started, message states"Cash Out is not an option" leaving me with a back bet I can't green up on.  Happened twice today but luckily they both won, phew

This leaves me wondering if BF are doing this deliberately specifically to my account or does everyone experience this at sometime? If I log out and in again after a break it's back to normal...

I am wondering if I should be looking at a bot as a way round it???

GHB Lifer

Re: Betfair Cash Out
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:36:59 pm »
Hi Tony,

I've certainly noticed this on quite a number of occasions too. Just a guess, but I don't think it will be anything to do with your account if you are trading modest sums. More likely it will be some of the big boys who are in and out of the market trading big sums and messing up things.

I stand to be corrected if anyone knows a better explanation.

The thing is though, you can always enter a manual lay trade. Try estimating an amount to enter and see how it stacks up when you enter it and then look at the green figure on the left next to your horse before actually placing the bet. May take a little bit of adjustment to get it right (or nearly right) but that's better than leaving yourself exposed. Bear in mind though that you won't have a lot of time to fiddle with the amount so nearly right is probably the right way to go.

Why not have a little bit of practice with any race. You don't even need to be logged in to Betfair. Just enter a back amount for a horse and then a similar lay amount and you will see what I mean.

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 09:23:22 pm »
Thanks for the advice Harry, you're right time is the issue but certainly worth attempting to save the situation manually if needs be.
GHB Lifer

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 10:26:00 pm »
Hi Tony,

I've noticed this mainly when there are very late non-runners (ie   just before the start, as they are going in the stalls) but I have seen it on a few other occasions too, inplay, when there are no non-runners. Don't have an explanation for this.

You could guard against it happening, though, by using the tick calculator on the Dobbing tool page, before the race starts.

You could then place the win bet as normal, before the off, and set up the appropriate lay bet, by using the tick calculator to work out the odds and stake values to give you the profit you are looking for.

Good luck

• Administrator
    • Some of my stuff...
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 09:21:11 am »
Hi Tony

Good to hear you're getting to grips with trading.

I have actually noticed this happening as well.

Until I created the Dob Software I hadn't done much in-play trading which is probably why I hadn't noticed it before.

From what I can tell it can be a number of things but often it can be technical on Betfair's part.

I now do what NJ suggested...

What I tend to do is actually put a lay bet in at a ridiculous price before the off (1.01) and then I can adjust it as soon as I know the actual SP.

Or just guess what you think the SP will be and put a lay in 10 or 20 ticks below and just adjust that.

Hope it helps  :)
Until Next Time